Chinese cuisine is one of the many cuisines that has established a significant presence in Boston, a city noted for its eclectic culinary scene. Boston’s Chinatown is a hub for Chinese restaurants and grocery stores, and many other neighborhoods throughout the city also offer great Chinese dining options. Popular dishes include dumplings, noodle dishes, stir-fries, and soups. There are several outstanding Chinese restaurants in Boston to try, whether you’re in the mood for regional dishes or modern renditions of traditional recipes. Some of the top locations to visit are listed below:
- Gourmet Dumpling House: It is a must-visit for everyone who enjoys dumplings. It is situated in Boston’s Chinatown area. Handmade dumplings in a variety of flavors, including veggie, shrimp and leek, and pork and chive, are the specialty of this modest eatery. Gourmet Dumpling House offers a variety of Szechuan-influenced foods in addition to dumplings, such as fiery stir-fries and noodle soups.
- Mei Mei: Chinese American fusion food is served at the family-run Mei Mei restaurant in the Fenway area. It uses fresh, seasonal products. The menu at Mei Mei features intriguing cuisine such soy sauce-braised pork belly with ginger-scallion rice and scallion pancake sandwiches packed with fried chicken, bacon, and sriracha. They also provide a variety of gluten-free and vegetarian choices.
- Qingdao Garden: North Cambridge’s quaint Qingdao Garden is known for its Northern Chinese delicacies. Hearty noodle soups, fiery stir-fries, and an abundance of dumplings—including the well-known pork and leek dumplings—are all on the menu. Don’t overlook the hand-pulled noodles, which are prepared in a variety of ways and are freshly cooked to order.
- Winsor Dim Sum Cafe: Located in Boston’s Chinatown, Winsor Dim Sum Cafe offers a typical dim sum dining experience. Steamed buns, dumplings, and rice noodle rolls with shrimp or grilled pork are just a few of the numerous dim sum items available at this busy restaurant. On weekends, expect to wait in line because both residents and visitors enjoy visiting this location.
- Dumpling Palace: Allston’s Dumpling Palace is a relaxed eatery that specializes in dumplings while also serving a variety of Chinese cuisine. There are numerous filling options for the dumplings at Dumpling Palace, including chicken, veggie, and pork and shrimp. They also provide other traditional Chinese foods including stir-fries and noodle soups.
No matter what type of Chinese cuisine you’re in the mood for, Boston has plenty of options to choose from. From handmade dumplings to creative fusion dishes, these restaurants are sure to satisfy your cravings.