Written by: Manan Shukla & Astha Rastogi
What are the job opportunities after MSEM?
- Engineering managers occupy a unique position in their industry. They combine their management expertise with engineering knowledge to lead teams of specialists in highly technical tasks.
- The breadth of this domain is one of the most attractive facets of this program, they include:
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Engineering/ Management
- Data/Business Analytics
- Product development
How does the Co-op program really work ?
- Co-op is an experiential learning experience where in the students get to work with firms and get hands-on experience of the latest trends.
- You are eligible to look for a co-op anywhere in the United States of America.
- Also, Northeastern University provides you with the opportunity of going on an international co-op.
- The university provides numerous resources such as NU Careers, Career development services, Career Fairs (Fall and Spring) etc. to ease the co-op search strategy for students.
How many students get Co-op and what is the duration and pay?
- One is eligible to go on a co-op after completion of 16 credits (2 semesters).
- The general co-op duration is 4/6/8 months which you can start from summer, fall and spring.
- Every student is allowed to do only one co-op during the masters program.
- On an average nearly 60% of the students manage to attain a co-op.
- The co-ops are paid and it varies from $20-$35/ hour.
Suggested courses for the 1st semester
- Probability and Statistics
- Operations Research
- Career Management for Engineers (ENCP6000)
- These courses are highly recommended as they serve as a prerequisite for electives in the following semester.
***These are just suggestions from your ambassadors. (NOT NECESSARY)
About the Authors…
See more Student Stories here.