Hello there, dear reader! I invite you to join me on a journey of self-discovery and transformation as I delve into the world of computer science and reveal why I decided to leave my beloved art history behind.

At the start of my academic journey, I was enthralled by the grandeur of the past and its profound impact on our present society. I would spend countless hours exploring the texts and artifacts of the world’s finest art museums, marveling at how the intricate interplay of visual elements could shape the viewers’ perceptions of the world around them. Later on, I became a liberal arts teacher and passed on my passion for the arts to my students. However, as I strived to enhance my teaching methods, I began to notice an ever-widening chasm between liberal arts education and technology.

Indeed, technology is rapidly reshaping the world in ways that were once thought unimaginable. The potential benefits are staggering: increased efficiency, greater convenience, and more streamlined processes. However, the vast majority of people remain unaware of the many ways in which technology can be harnessed to bring about positive change. I longed to be part of this transformation and to help bridge the gap between the world of liberal arts and the ever-evolving world of technology.

I recall my first foray into computer science vividly, feeling overwhelmed by the jargon, concepts, and foreign world of coding. However, as I persevered, I found myself falling deeply in love with the immense potential that technology held. I was inspired by the possibility of creating new and impactful innovations that could positively shape society.

Another reason for my decision to switch was to experience a different way of life. Initially, I was hit by a strong culture shock, as the thought processes in computer science were entirely different from anything I had experienced before. Nevertheless, I realized that this change in perspective was precisely what I needed. I came to appreciate the straightforward, pragmatic approach to problem-solving and the emphasis on finding solutions to complex issues. I am learning to embrace the idea of working from home and the flexibility that comes with it.

However, most importantly, I believe that technology will continue to have a profound impact on society, and it is crucial to be part of this revolution. The future belongs to those who can harness technology to their advantage. By learning computer science, I hope to be part of a movement that revolutionizes the way we live, work, and interact with one another.

My journey to computer science has been nothing short of exhilarating and transformative. Although it was a daunting decision to leave behind my beloved art history, I know deep down that it was the right one for me. I am thrilled to be part of the tech industry and excited about the prospect of making a positive impact on society. I cannot wait to see where my journey takes me next, and I hope you will be along for the ride.